To perform a series of rhythmic and patterned bodily movements usually performed to music that focuses on the dancer’s interpretations using their emotions and moods to develop choreography.
- The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
- The theme and/or type of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation.
- Each performance must derive from Dunham, Graham, Horton, Humphrey, Limon, or other modern techniques.
- Technical Proficiency/Skill (25 pts) – Alignment, Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, Coordination
- Clarity and Consistency in Style (25 pts)
- Phrasing / Dynamics / Musicality (25 pts)
- Clarity of Intent / Interpretation of Choreography (25 pts)
Print & Download the Requirements & Criteria for this Category
Print & Download the Requirements For All Performing Arts
Print & Download the Requirements for All Categories
Mentors Coaching Log
Mentors Evaluation Form