The art of staging or acting plays.
- The performance must be a minimum of three (3) minutes and maximum of five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the minimum and maximum time requirements are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- The selection must be of literate quality.
- The material must be memorized.
- Costumes, makeup, and props are optional, but not required.
- Projection (10 pts)
- Structure (10 pts) – Does the performance have transitions/beats and a clear beginning, middle, climax, and end?
- Memorization (10 pts)
- Movement (10 pts) – Is the blocking clear and does the actor commit to and follow through with his/her movements and gestures?
- Emotional Connection and Honesty (10 pts) – Are you really “selling” that you are becoming this character or are you simply “play-acting” ?
- Imagination and Creativity (15 pts) – Are you bringing something different to the piece or are you just reciting lines?
- Stage Presence (10 pts)
- Character Work (10 pts)
- Specificity of Acting Choices (10 pts) – Clear pursuit of Actions/Objectives
- Creation of the Space (5 pts)
Print & Download the Requirements & Criteria for this Category
Print & Download the Requirements For All Performing Arts
Print & Download the Requirements for All Categories
Mentors Coaching Log
Mentors Evaluation Form