The art and process of making motion pictures.
- Only one (1) film is to be entered.
- The running time of the film must not exceed five (5) minutes.
- A storyboard or project theme must be associated with the film. Please Note: Storyboards are NOT stills taken from the film, rather they are original drawings, sketches, etc. completed PRIOR to the execution of the film.
- Only one (1) film is to be entered in DVD format.
- Films should be submitted on a single DVD packaged in a standard 5 1/4 x 7 1/2 plastic DVD case. Do not put labels on the DVD
- DVD’s must be compatible with standard set-top DVD players. Do not simply burn a QuickTime or AVI file to a disc as data. This may render your film unplayable. Make sure your disc plays in a standard DVD player before you submit your entry.
- Creativity (25 pts)
- Storyboard (10 pts) – how effectively did the competitor execute the ideas presented on the storyboard in their piece?
- Originality (15 pts)- Did the competitor try to challenge him/her self to do something different and interesting. Did they have a new and interesting way of retelling an old story/concept? Creativity of approach or concept
- Production (35 pts)
- Direction/Structure (25 pts) – the use of camera, choice of shots to help convey the story, framing, camera movement, clarity of story
- Use of light (10 pts) – Are actors and/or environment lit effectively
- Sound (15 pts)
- Use of audio effects /music (10 pts)
- Audibility (5pts) – Is dialogue audible
- Post Production (25 pts)
- Editing (20 pts)– Approach in editing to tell the story more effectively.
- Titles (5 pts)
Print & Download the Requirements & Criteria for this Category
Print & Download the Requirements For All Visual Arts
Print & Download the Requirements for All Categories
Mentors Coaching Log
Mentors Evaluation Form