Music Vocal (Classical)
The art of performing with the human voice rhythmic tones or sounds of the late 18th and 19th centuries characterized by an emphasis on balance, clarity, and moderation.
- Only one (1) song is to be performed, and it must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to disqualification.)
- Musical accompaniment can be provided by the contestant on a CD or mp3 player. The music should contain only the instrumental version of the song. Contestants are encouraged to provide a backup.
- Contestants requesting accompaniment must submit sheet music with their registration packet.
- Contestants must present six copies of the sheet music to the judges at the time of competition.
- The material must be memorized.
- Costumes are not required.
- Choice of Music (10 pts)
- Diction (25 pts) – Correctness of Pronunciation
- Interpretation (10 pts)
- Historically Appropriate Style
- Intonation (10 pts)
- Stage Presence (10 pts)
- Technique (10 pts)
- Tone Quality (25 pts)
- Beauty of Sound
Print & Download the Requirements & Criteria for this Category
Print & Download the Requirements For All Performing Arts
Print & Download the Requirements for All Categories
Mentors Coaching Log
Mentors Evaluation Form