A brief examination of a subject in prose usually expressing a personal view or interpretation of a subject or topic.
- Only one (1) notarized Short Story written only by the contestant, with six (6) copies of the notarized original should be submitted on or before the specified deadline.
- The top of each page must include the contestant’s name, page number, and unit name and number.
- The Short Story should have a single story line without subplots, no more than three or four characters, a single viewpoint and a short time scale. The story must be typed, double spaced and between 1000 and 1500 words.
- The contestant must be prepared to answer questions by the judges.
- General Merit (25 pts)
- Ideas (single storyline, no subplots, 3-4 chracter, single viewpoint (2 at most), short time scale)
- Organization (consistent writing style, consistent mood ,tone and space)
- Wording (appropriate language, brief descriptions)
- Mechanics (25 pts)
- Overall Effect (50 pts) – Minimum background, concise dialogue, no lengthy preamble, no contrived ending
Print & Download the Requirements & Criteria for this Category
Print & Download the Requirements For All Humanities
Print & Download the Requirements for All Categories
Mentors Coaching Log
Mentors Evaluation Form